Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another update........ Helen Tewkesbury

Note from Carolyn .... I feel a little proud that Helen and Bob got married. I knew both of them before they met one another and was able to tell each one what a nice person the other was. I recently asked Helen to send me an update to post. Here it is.....

Helen Tewkesbury Hinds...
I thought my life watching the grand-babies was exciting, then I met and married Bob Hinds in 2005 (well, and again on April Fool's Day 2006, but that's a whole 'nother story). Between working backstage at the Aiken Community Playhouse, or helping at rehearsals at the Etherridge Center, riding cross-country to visit Bob's son Chris in San Diego on a motorcycle (through a hail storm and a tornado), or serving as his entire pit crew when he's racing motorcycles all over the southeast, I barely had time to send in this note. When we're not rehearsing or racing, we're watching old movies - and other people motorcycle racing. I'm now grandmother to 3 boys in Aiken and Raleigh, with a fourth on the way, and Bob's kids haven't even started having any of theirs yet. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of not-so-old friends at the reunion.

Bob and Helen as they depart for San Diego on a two-week trip by motorcycle (Bob's idea of a honeymoon...)


Helen visits the angels at Rockefeller Plaza in NYC this past Christmas.

No comments: